Beiträge von pibrahim

Eldar - when will you be uploading pictures / impressions of the S300 and S400..?

Over on the American forums, there's lots of indications now that the v205 will be available within the next week or two. One person claims to have been told 3 days by customer services, another states 2 weeks and is a T-Mobile/Voicestream rep (I think), the v205 already has an accessories page on the T-Mobile website..

Hi guys,

I've got a problem with my S100, and need to send it back to Germany to be replaced. I spoke to the Customer Services, but obviously the language difficulty made it somewhat hard to get the address needed; I wrote down what I heard but I'm not sure its correct. Can somebody post the address that I need to send my phone back to please..?

Many thanks :)

Peter

Hi guys,

I'm trying to use the Easy Live Update of EasyGPRS, but it won't work. I'm currently using 2.0.2

When I try it, it tries for about 10 seconds or so, then says 'Fail to Connect'.
    This is regardless of whether the Samsung modem is COM1/2. This is when I am already connected to the internet; if I try it when not connected to the internet it says 'Fail to Connect' instantly.

Any help or advice..?

Cheers

Peter

Yo! :)

Just a small note, the TCC has come down in price since that review was made, it is now around 379euros, meaning its a heck of a lot cheaper, but thinking about it, its not worth it - if there's a problem, who the heck do we send the phone to? I've never even heard of TCC before!

Rappelsack has offered the phone to me for 549euros, I need to flog my T68 before I can buy it though. If anybody out there fancies helping me out, its already upgraded to T68i firmware, unlocked, extra lunar grey facia, data cable, leather case, etc :) WIth a bit of luck I can sell it pretty soon and order the S100!

Peter

Was gonna make this a new post, but thought it might make more sense to keep it in here... anyway, here goes:

Just wondering if any of you had any experience of the TCC Q285? Any particular flaw or reason as to why its almost 200euros cheaper than the S100? I know the screen's only 4,096colours, is it STN or TFT, any idea? Anybody got any experiences with the phone as a whole?

Cheers

Peter

Glad to hear the animated background is handled in a better way now (like the T68), the idea of using 7 stills to create a moving image seemed a little ropey in the T100.

Any idea what the maximum size GIF you can store is?

I've heard the memory is 300kb, was that just for Java downloads, or to include ringtones and graphics too...?

Thanks a lot

Peter

Cheers for the info guys

Glad to hear the menu's fast, I'm pretty fed up of the lag in the T68 menus, its cumbersome. Would be good if the S100 could store a few more than 7 backgrounds, given that the T68 can hold over 50 :-/

Little disappointed hearing about the screen, reading my T68 in the sun is pretty awkward. When things move fast on the screen, do they still 'linger/fade' a little - i.e. is the screen less suited for movement (e.g. games) than the T100?

Lastly, the tunes you uploaded onto your phone - were they all 16-polyphonic, or less?

Cheers!

Peter