problems with sgh-s100-please help

• Hi to all the members!
    First of all i want to apologise for writing in english but i cannot speak german at all.
    I have just got my sgh-s100 from one of the german retailers(without a simlock).It's great handset but after playing eith it for a whole day i have noticed few disadvantages(bugs),please answer my questions:
    1.When i try to download ringtones via wap it playies it than saves it but when i disconnect wap I cannot find saved ringtones(looked for them in ringtones folder and in FUN/ringtones downloaded)what's wrong,where are they placed?
    2.I tried to download midlets from midletcentral but without any resoults it opens a page a choose a desired midlet and there are jar and jad files to download i download one of them and there is a very long text than i download another one and after a while it says PK 1of 1(or something like that).Certainly no midlets downloaded avialable in a midlets folder.
    3.I would like to remove these 3 standard midlets provided by samsung but when i try to delete them it says it cannot be removed!!
    My settings deem to be correct because i can access wap pages and i even downloaded animated gif so what i do wrong?

Thanks for help!

• Hello,

Here are the answers to your questions 2 and 3:

2) Curently the download of midlets is limited. At SAMSUNG they only support Apache Web servers, and we also found out that just a few Midlets were accepted. This is a lack of the SAMSUNG JAVA VM implementation. We also discovered problems with WAP/GPRS Connections. You will find the correct options in the following thread

http://www.telefon-treff.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4404

(They are in German, but displayed in two simple lists for T-D1 and Vodafone D2 here in Germany)

3) You can't remove the pre-installed Games; sorry.

Regards,

Frank

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!