Review of the S100 (in english)

• Bigblue007 ->

I have some questions about the S100. I hope you will and can answer them....

1. How is the reception of the phone. I mean the signal from the antenna?

2. How is the quality of the sound in the phone when you´re talking?

3. What about standby and talking time?

4. Is it possible to download polyphonic ringtones to your pc and then transfer them to the phone via the cable or IR. Or is it only possible to get new ringtones via WAP?

5. When you write and SMS, how many lines of text can be seen in the display?

Hope you can answer my questions

Thanks in advance
    MichaelK

• Zitat

Original geschrieben von Michaelk
    1. How is the reception of the phone. I mean the signal from the antenna?

Compared to what? It's much better than with my other mainly used mobile, the T68. Comparable to the T100 or 6310. The "problem" is that normally I don't have any reception problems with any mobile so I do not have a real comparation basis.

Zitat

2. How is the quality of the sound in the phone when you´re talking?

Again, compared to what? No problems here as well. I would rate it A-B.

Zitat

3. What about standby and talking time?

When using the mobile regulary, talking approx. 2 hours / day the standard batt. lives approx. 3 days while the slim one works one day less.

Zitat

4. Is it possible to download polyphonic ringtones to your pc and then transfer them to the phone via the cable or IR. Or is it only possible to get new ringtones via WAP?

First question is answered in my review: Yes. You can use the ringtones that comes on the CD as well as tones you can download from the web. Then, using the enclosed EasyGPRS software, you can download the tunes to the mobile using a cable or IR connection.
    And yes, you can also download tones via WAP from appropriate WAP sites.

Zitat

5. When you write and SMS, how many lines of text can be seen in the display?

Ist das eine von den Kirchen, wo man so kleine Cracker kriegt? Ich habe Hunger!

• Bigblue007

Could you(or anybody else) answer a couple of questions?

What kind of languages is supported in the S100?

Is the User Handbook/Guide only in german or is it in english as well?

I am thinking about ordering one from Germany, but need to know this first.

• Zitat

What kind of languages is supported in the S100?

german, english, italian, french, spanish, dutch, swedish, danish, portugese, suomi, norwegian, greek, turkish, russian, polish, magyar, czech, romanian, slovenian, slovak.

WOW! The longest language list I've ever seen on a mobile. Almost every flavour in there... :eek: :D

Zitat

Is the User Handbook/Guide only in german or is it in english as well?

The packages shipped here in germany come with german and english manuals.

Ist das eine von den Kirchen, wo man so kleine Cracker kriegt? Ich habe Hunger!

• Thanks. :)
    I then I am going to order one. Do you recommend S.E.M.E.C or Meisl?
    Or is otherones you would recommend?

• I would recommend S.E.M.E.C.... Their service is much much better than the service at Meisl. But Meisls price on the S100 is about 10 EURO cheaper.. I have ordered my S100 from S.E.M.E.C. They should get their first shipment today or tomorrow...

BTW, where are you from Per12?

Regards
    MichaelK, Copenhagen

• I am from Norway. (norsk dreng) :)
    I will probably order from S.E.M.E.C then. Do you know what kind of guarantee on the phone we get? And will we have to ship it back to Germany for service/repair ?

• I think you´ll get 24 months of guarantee, but I am not sure. Ask S.E.M.E.C...
    There are some service points who repair Samsung phones. And I think also that there are those kinds of servicepoints in Norway. So you don´t have to send it back to Germany to get the phone fixed if its broken.

But in the near future Samsung will probably make it possible to download new softwareversions to your pc and then you can transfer the sw to the phone... Very smart I think.

Regards
    MichaelK

• Was gonna make this a new post, but thought it might make more sense to keep it in here... anyway, here goes:

Just wondering if any of you had any experience of the TCC Q285? Any particular flaw or reason as to why its almost 200euros cheaper than the S100? I know the screen's only 4,096colours, is it STN or TFT, any idea? Anybody got any experiences with the phone as a whole?

Cheers

Peter

• Phone data of the TCC Q285

From Taiwan comes an interesting mobile telephone, which can visualize 4,096 colors as the first of its class and in the GSM nets 900, 1,800 and 1,900 MHz runs. The Q285 of the manufacturer TCC possesses an extendable antenna and weighs less than 100 gram. It supports WAP , EMS and different ID Picture so mentioned, which identify the caller. With a data cable as well as PC software is supplied and the user can its own digital photos as ID Picture use. The TCC Q285 will be offered to approximately 420 US dollar (478 euro) for the time being in Taiwan and Hong Kong and cost.

The Q285 measures 89 x 47 x 22.5 mm and weighs only 91Gramm. With the factory-installed supplied battery (720 mAh lithium ions) it holds between 100 and 150 hours in the StandBy or up to two and a half hours in discussions. Four plays, to the pastime, were integrated likewise. For the time being the model is only offered in the color silver.

In the GSM net the data with a speed of 9,6 Kbps are conveyed. In the InterNet one surft by WAP Microbrowser of the version 1.1. Also one can use the Messaging service standard EMS (SMS with clay/tone and Picture ) with the Q285. The Cover is exchangeable. In the listing contacts place find up to 255. One can assign Biz to 50 callers a Picture (20 is integrated already, further 30 can one personalized). Furthermore one finds : four polyp-hone bell tones (35 and 15 down-loadable or compose able integrated), nine Screensaver (five, three down-loadable, one integrated connected with a ID Picture), seven background colors, integrated vibration alarm, Calculator, Currency translator, World time, calendar and animations when switching on and off.

The reason in the pricedifference between the S100 and Q285 could be the lack of GPRS, JAVA, IR, only modem of 9,6 kbs., WAP 1.1 (S100 has 1.2) and of course you´ve probably also pay a little more for the brand Samsung than you will do for the TCC....

Regards
    MichaelK

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!