S100 SMS Memory?

• Hi guys,

Sorry about the post in English, I'm trying to find out some info about the S100 and this is pretty much the only place it seems I can get some definitive answers!

Can anybody tell me how many SMS messages the S100 can store, besides that which is saved on the SIM card?
    Also, I'm correct in saying that (from reading other posts here), the T9 Dictionary cannot 'remember' words you type?

Cheers :)

Peter

• hi,

in the mobile intern memory you can save 50 sms...

and you're right... the the T9 Dictionary cannot remember words you type. But it's not a big problem to change the type mode to normal typing, and so you can wright own words very fast

greetings

iPhone 15 Pro Max 256GB Titan - Apple Watch Ultra

Vertrag 1: Unlimiterte Daten in Zone 1, 2 und 3, zusätzlich 1GB / Monat Zone 4

Vertrag 2: o2 connect inkl. 5G Unlimited Option

Festnetz: Starlink

• Thanks a lot for the info!

Glad to hear you can definitely save SMS messages, that was one major flaw with the T100 in my opinion. Do you think this T9 limitation is the kind of thing that could (theoretically) be fixed in a software update, however unlikely..?

Also, how would you personally rate the screen? I've read a lot of mixed opinions about the display in sunlight, and its the same type of screen as my T68, which is somewhat lousy in sunlight... Is it any easier to read in sunlight would you say..?

Cheers :)

Peter

• firstly I would say the T9 limitation will be fixed with an update, but it isn't sure...

Me have a T68i too and I can say: the S100s display is much (!!) better! u can see it much better in sunlight, as the t68i display...

S100 display is the best one, I've ever seen... better than the T100...!

If you have more questions, I'll answer it to u

• Hi there

Thanks for all the help :)
    I don't know if you've owned Samsung phones in the past, but do they bring out regular updates for phones (like Ericsson have done with the T68) or is it a little more infrequent?

How many (polyphonic) ringtones can you store on the phone?

When in T9 mode, the texting speed doesn't lag behind like the T68 did (before the T68i update), does it?

Is the number of backgrounds that can be saved still 7 like it was on the T100...?

Lastly, companies like http://www.meisl.de are selling the S100 on the 'net fo around 550euros. Is that similar to the highstreet price, or inflated?

Thanks a lot!

Peter

• Zitat

Original geschrieben von pibrahim
    Hi there

Thanks for all the help :)
    I don't know if you've owned Samsung phones in the past, but do they bring out regular updates for phones (like Ericsson have done with the T68) or is it a little more infrequent?

There is a webpage @ the samsung server, which sows a list, with "homeupdateable" phones... but the list is empty, an we hope that the S100 will list there...

Zitat

How many (polyphonic) ringtones can you store on the phone?

in my humble opinion, you can store 5 more tones inside. but I only have 3 stored...

Zitat

When in T9 mode, the texting speed doesn't lag behind like the T68 did (before the T68i update), does it?

no, it does not!!! T9 is Nokia like! very very fast! also the menu!

Zitat

Is the number of backgrounds that can be saved still 7 like it was on the T100...?

I just have 6 extra backgrounds inside, but i will test ist for u tomorrow!

Zitat

Lastly, companies like http://www.meisl.de are selling the S100 on the 'net fo around 550euros. Is that similar to the highstreet price, or inflated?

Do not order by meisel!!!
    The price is ok, but the service sux ;) t-points are selling it for ~ 650 €, but the morst internet shops are selling it for arround 550 €, like me ;)

If u tell me, where are u from, so I can tell you a nice price ;)
    You can also sent me a privat message, and I will show you some good shops!

Zitat

Thanks a lot!

Peter

;)

• Hello!

A few more words about the display:

It is really much better than the T68's, but don't think that it is easy to read it in direct sunlight..

I tried it out in the sun today - I could hardly read a word..

As to the polyphonic ringing tones:

It depends on their size.
    Today I've loaded up about 8 melodies, and I could have saved more. Somebody told me that its probably possible to store about 20 - as I said, it depends on their size.. :)

I hope that the information is useful!

Greetings

• Cheers for the info guys

Glad to hear the menu's fast, I'm pretty fed up of the lag in the T68 menus, its cumbersome. Would be good if the S100 could store a few more than 7 backgrounds, given that the T68 can hold over 50 :-/

Little disappointed hearing about the screen, reading my T68 in the sun is pretty awkward. When things move fast on the screen, do they still 'linger/fade' a little - i.e. is the screen less suited for movement (e.g. games) than the T100?

Lastly, the tunes you uploaded onto your phone - were they all 16-polyphonic, or less?

Cheers!

Peter

• Hello!

Imho the S100-screen is much better suited for games than the T68i-screen. There are six games inside the S100, and besides one of them, which is quite slow, it is a pleasure playing them.
    You should know, that this is MY opinion, and there may be people who disagree, but I've had the T68i for a short while and must say, that it was nothing for me.. The speed, especially when writing SMS, is beyond all critics.. The S100 is imho much better, also its games..

The original S100 Sounds (there are some on the S100-CD) are imho "16-polyphonic", also the sounds you can download here after you have registered in the "Fun Club".

As to the sounds you can find here: I don't know if they are "16-polyphonic" too..

Greetings

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!